CV stands for Curriculum Vitae, which is a fancy Latin phrase for “Resume.” You bet I took Latin in college…but let’s not talk about that… 😉
Early in my career, my goal was to gain experience with many different kinds of businesses. I started at an agency which allowed me to work with lots of different brands while learning how agencies function. I moved on to startups after that, and then got some corporate experience as well. For the last 5 years or so, I’ve focused on applying the skills and experience I had developed to high-growth leadership opportunities.
The positions listed here meet the criteria that they were full-time engagements that most contributed to my career path & professional evolution.
VP of Marketing & Brands | 2020 — Present
VP of Marketing & Brands
Joined during COVID crisis to lead marketing and branding initiatives for one of the largest print-on-demand facilities in the US and its subsidiary brands. Established new brand strategy and org alignment initiatives. Rebuilt marketing and sales teams to better support and scale operations.
- Led brand marketing strategy & execution for 8 owned B2B & B2C brands
- Executed full rebranding & repositioning of top business unit — CustomCat
- Created Bespoke Labs parent brand to unify org mission & nurture high-value partnerships
- Overhauled front end systems, lead generation processes, pricing strategies
- Led & executed go-to-market strategy for DIGISOFT™ print technology brand
↑ YOY Revenue
↑ Profit Margin
↑ Account Signups
↑ Retail Accounts YoY
Marketing Director -> CEO | 2018-2020
Marketing Director -> CEO
Recruited as Digital Marketing Director & served in this role for 8 months. Presented ownership with improved strategic direction & promoted to CEO end of August 2019. Tasked with 1) providing strategic direction 2) launching new website by October 1st 3) maximizing sales & units in Q4 4) improving systems & operations. Achieved each objective & positioned business to become net profitable in 2020 while increasing YOY revenue over 200%.
- Increased revenue 26% in Q4 versus the prior 3 quarters combined – over $450k+ in revenue
- Increased profitability by 2.5x on 22K units
- Built & migrated new website & 5000 products with 4 weeks notice & delivered on time
- Increased customer satisfaction & generated 225 new reviews averaging 4.5 stars
- Improved conversion rate by 37% overall
- Increased email subscribers by 36% & email revenue 250%
- Identified problems with original business model & implemented fixes to dramatically increase profit.
- Mitigated I.P. infringement risk by establishing legal processes & recruiting new artists to platform
- Managed $200k+ in ad-spend – managed Google, Bing, & Facebook ad campaigns
↑ YOY Revenue
↑ Conv. %
↑ Email Revenue
SEM Analyst | 2018-2020
Search Engine Marketing Analyst
Company’s lead SEM resource reporting to the VP of Digital Commerce. Worked across all business units company-wide as well as directly with executive teams, including the CEO, president, & international heads. Tasked with launching & managing multi-million dollar paid advertising programs in-house, including all strategy & tactics. Oversaw deployment of Adobe Marketing Suite of products including programmatic PPC & analytics tools. Developed & oversaw SEO strategy, tactics & performance across all units & products. Instituted CRO program for organic & PPC marketing channels. Managed digital marketing vendor relationships.
- Directly responsible for launching & managing PPC program in-house that resulted in 40% YOY improvement in revenues while lowering CPA 13%, accounting for 1/3 of all new direct web business & 25 million in TLV.
- Attained the number one organic search ranking for top keyword “classic car insurance,” & other top phrases, resulting in double digit organic lead growth each year.
- Implemented new paid search & organic marketing strategies for Canada & UK business units, resulting in a 25% increase in web business YOY.
↑ YOY Revenue
↑ Digital Revenue YOY
Marketing Manager | 2014-2015
2nd marketing hire at fast paced Detroit Venture Partners portfolio startup tasked with improving organic & paid search performance principally through digital strategy development, content creation, media management, & data analytics. Implemented & managed conversion rate optimization systems & products. Managed development of rich media assets including promotional videos, webinars, testimonials & more.
- Oversaw organic search & paid media operations which contributed to triple digit revenue growth YOY
- Developed primary media assets including demo reel & product demos used at Dreamforce & on the web
- Managed & published hundreds of pieces of content in order to grow search traffic & convert leads
Strategist -> Strategy Manager | 2013-2014
Strategist -> Strategy Manager
Developed & implemented marketing and business development strategies for Ecommerce business accounts, with emphasis on SEO, CSE, & affiliate marketing efforts. Promoted to Strategy Manager after 9 months with the task of overseeing the in-house marketing team, deploying personnel assets, mentoring & training new hires & co-workers, developing new products, streamlining internal processes, improving service quality, & aiding in new business acquisition.
- Reorganized product offerings to improve quality of service while increasing profitability
- Landed largest new business partner of the year..
- Worked with complex Ecommerce websites to increase sales & streamline marketing efforts.
Where I received my “formal” education.
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Graduated 2012 — BA in English
Wayne State University - Detroit
Just a list of my marketing competencies.
Projects include work that is more limited in scope & duration but provided a unique experience that has contributed to my professional development.
Brands By Type
The section below includes many of the brands I’ve worked with in some capacity, organized by business type. So to see ecommerce brands I’ve worked with, click Ecommerce and it will filter for those brands.
Brands by Role
Same idea as above, but this time you can filter for my role. So if you click Strategy, you’ll see brands where my role involved defining & executing the business/marketing strategy.
Experiences from all parts of my life have informed & influenced my thinking when it comes to marketing & business. Below are parts of me, past & present, that have helped me become who I am.